Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lady Rises, Book 2 of the Black Rose Trilogy Review



















Renee Bernard has done it again and cannot wait for Book 3 to finally arrive. I loved the second installment and was on pins and needles as to whether or not Phillip would see Raven again. He has but she has changed her name to Lady Serena Wellcot and the last place he expected to find her was at his cousin's house. Boy do the sparks fly again between these two but Raven, now Lady Serena, keeps her calm and keeps the upper hand. She has now become a avenger for ladies in need.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is, "I am the woman who decided that if the world were made of games that I would be mistress of the a greater game." Serena, Lady Wellcot.


Phillip has a good part in the book too where it says, "Phillip had survived as one last flimsy stand against Trent, as if to say, 'I live therefore I am not defeated.'". Words to live by. The story is fast paced as usual and man I never knew what was going to happen next. Can't wait to see Trent come back into the picture and get what is due to him. At first I didn't like Phillip for what he had done to Raven but I think he is coming to realize what he did was wrong and wants to make it right. As for Raven, Serena, we shall see if she can truly forgive him.




No comments:

Post a Comment