Friday, October 17, 2014

Mark-The Callahan Brothers

Welcome back to Brazos Bend, Texas. The Callahan brothers are up to mischief again. This time it's Mark. He's on a rescue mission with his brothers when he meets up with his past. His wife, Annabelle, is also on a rescue mission of a different kind and when they meet up the sparks fly. He's trying to rescue a friend of the family's daughter and she is trying to rescue another girl who is being held against her will. While they are trying to figure out the best way to rescue each of the girls another figure from Mark's past arrives and he is in a conundrum of how to get out there alive and fulfill his promise.

Annabelle ends up being his help in distracting the enemy so he can get his friend's daughter out safely and let's his brothers create a distraction to keep everyone occupied. They both make it out alive and Mark is not sure how to handle the appearance of his wife.

Someone from their past is killing people who were connected to them through a group they worked in and so Mark and Annabelle have to team up once again to solve who the murderer is and why they are killing off their former colleagues.  While they are trying to find the murderer Mark has to come to grips with his past and overcome his fears and make peace with his past in order to have a future with or without Annabelle.

I can't believe I hadn't read Emily's books before and now I'm glad to have had the chance to read her first in the Callahan brothers series which was Luke and now I have read Mark and loved it so I need to go back and order Matt and find out what kind of trouble he gets into.

I had a hard time putting this down and kept turning page after page wondering what was going to happen next and would Annabelle ever forgive him?

I can't wait to see what Emily's newest series will be like. I am sure it will be just as amazing as the Brazos Bend series and I can't wait to get started on a new series and dive into a new adventure. I highly recommend picking up Emily's books. I need to great a to be read pile of her books and find the time to read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment